2022 Statewide College Scholarship Program
UTELFCU Now Accepting College Scholarship Applications
Utica District Telephone Employees Federal Credit Union is offering college-bound high school seniors the opportunity to compete for statewide college scholarships through the New York Credit Union Association’s College Scholarship Program. Scholarships may be used at a two- or four-year accredited educational institution. In 2021, the New York Credit Union Association awarded $30,750 in college scholarships, ranging from $500 to $1,500, to 41 students.
Students can take advantage of this opportunity by completing these steps:
- Click Here to download an application. The student will need to contact the credit union directly to obtain a credit union verification code to verify eligibility. If the student is not a member of UTELFCU, he/she can request a membership packet as well. (All scholarship applicants are required to be members of a participating New York credit union.)
- Complete the application form and required essay and obtain the required transcripts, along with the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Upload and submit the completed application and supportive materials online no later than Friday, January 7, 2022.
There is no fee for submitting an application, but applicants MUST be:
- members of UTELFCU;
- college-bound high school seniors at the time of application; and
- attending either a two- or four-year accredited educational institution for the first time in the fall of 2022.
In early spring, applications will be judged against other submissions statewide. Winners will be announced in May.
For more information about this scholarship program, contact Patrick Gallagher or Crystal Nicholas by calling 315-724-5133 or emailing email@example.com