2021 Statewide College Scholarship Program
UTELFCU is Now Accepting college scholarship applications
Utica District Telephone EFCU is offering college-bound high school seniors the opportunity to compete for statewide college scholarships through the New York Credit Union Association’s College Scholarship Program. Scholarships may be used at a two- or four-year accredited educational institution. In 2020, the New York Credit Union Association awarded $30,000 in college scholarships, ranging from $250 to $1,750, to 48 students.
Students can take advantage of this opportunity by completing these steps:
- Click on the Statewide Scholarship Application link here to download an application. The student will need to contact us directly by calling 315-724-5133, to obtain a credit union verification code to verify eligibilty. If the student is not a member of UTELFCU, he/she can request a membership packet as well. (All scholarship applicants are required to be members of a participating New York credit Union.)
- Complete the application form and required essay and obtain the required transcripts, along with the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Upload and submit the completed application and supportive materials online no later than January 8, 2021.
There is no fee for submitting an application, but applicants MUST be:
- members of UTELFCU
- college-bound high school seniors at the time of application; and
- attending either a two- or four-year accredited educational instituion for the first time in the fall of 2021.
Submit your completed application to the the New York State Credit Union Association here.
In early spring, applications will be judged against other submissions statewide. Winners will be announced in May.
For more information about this scholarship program, contact Sherry Morosco or Crystal Nicholas by calling 315-724-5133 or emailing email@example.com